Baby Names Home > Baby Boys' Names
There are a variety of names for baby boys, ranging from the traditional to the uncommon. The name you choose will reflect not only your tastes and preferences, but also the type of man you hope your boy will become. By brainstorming, talking with your partner, and using resources, such as eMedTV's BabyBuilder, you'll be able to choose the perfect name for your baby boy.
An Overview of Baby Boys' NamesIt is amazing how much is said in a baby boy's name -- mostly about his parents! A boy's name doesn't necessarily reflect who he is; it simply reflects the type of name his parents liked when he was born.
Historically, a man's name was passed down through the generations to his firstborn son, so many traditional boys' names are quite popular. Some examples include William, Jack, and John.
But today there are many styles of baby boy names to choose from -- traditional and popular, trendy and hip, or uncommon and unique. It's up to you to decide which type of name best suits your tastes. And while it may seem overwhelming to pick a single name from the thousands of boys' names available, rest assured that there is a great name out there for every new baby.
Finding the Perfect Name for Your Baby BoyThere are many places to start when searching for the perfect boy's name. The first is to brainstorm. Think about what kinds of names you like -- are they traditional and common or trendy and unique? Other questions to ask yourself include:
- Are there any family members you would like to name your son after?
- Are there any baby boys' names that you are already fond of?
- Is there a letter of the alphabet you would like your son's name to start with? Some people like to have all their children's names begin with the same letter.
- Is there a certain meaning you would like to express in the name?
- Is there a particular country's heritage (origin) you would like to represent?
As you ask yourself these questions, make a list of possible names and build from there.