Baby Names Home > Top 100 Boys' Names
Where Do the Top 100 Boys' Names Come From?Let's begin with a little history on the top 100 baby names. When a baby is born in the United States, the parents or hospital where the baby was born sends paperwork to the Social Security Administration (SSA). The SSA is a governmental agency of the United States and is responsible for keeping track of every American citizen and issuing each of them a Social Security number. Since the SSA issues these numbers, they also keep a database of every person born in the United States. The top 100 boys' names are compiled from these records.
Finding the Perfect Name for Your BoyTo help guide your search for the perfect name for your boy, the first thing to do is brainstorm. Think about the kinds of names you like -- do you prefer traditional and common names or something that is more trendy and unique? Some of the other questions to consider include the following:
- Are there any family members you would like to name your son after?
- Are there any baby boys' names that you are already fond of?
- Is there a letter of the alphabet you would like your son's name to start with? (Some people like to have all their children's names begin with the same letter.)
- Is there a certain meaning you would like to express in the name?
- Is there a particular country's heritage (origin) you would like to represent?
As you ask yourself these questions, make a list of possible names, and build from there.